Arkansas Bicycle Club News Archives
March meeting minutes Posted Thursday, March 19, 2009 by Jim Britt
Arkansas Bicycle Club Meeting Minutes
March 12, 2009
Prior to the meeting Brian Signorelli presented a demonstration of the GSI Dualist Cook System he and his wife use on their camping/backpacking trips. The system has almost everything you need and all items store easily into one piece.
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by club president Jim Britt who made several announcements prior to the evening’s presentation.
- John Link and Jim Britt reported a successful 2-night 3-day loop ride around Lake Ouachita. Jim has posted the route on bikely.com.
- Planning continues for the 7-day Arkansas Bike Tour, Apr 13-20. It is being considered as a “self-supported” ride. The route will pass through Mt. Home, Harrison, Hot Springs and more. Planning continues
- Tim Vahsholtz announced ABC Day at the Travelers Game, Apr 26, 2 PM. Participants may join the usual 1:00 PM ride to the game, details TBA. Fun and games between innings.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield “Blue and You Fitness Challenge” continues. Log your fitness hours for the ABC team at www.blueandyoufitnesschallenge-ark.com if you registered by March 1.
- Jim presented a draft letter to be sent to Gov. Beebe encouraging him to use new transportation grant monies for improvement of cycling and pedestrian resources, and asked ABC members to add their names to the signature.
- Tour de Cure, Apr 25. ABC Team is shaping up. Janice Peters is team captain.
- Tour de Hills (Jasper Disaster), Apr 26, Harrison
- Altus Wine Tour, May 2
- Tour de Hoot, May 30
The evenings program was a demonstration by Don Bearden on how to paint a bicycle frame. He covered everything from how to repair a scratch to repainting the entire frame. Along with materials, paint requirements, types of paint, and painting techniques he stressed safety.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM. Next meeting is scheduled for 7PM, April 9, 2009 at American Pie, Maumelle. Proposed program: Cycling documentaries.
straight to the top